Thanksgiving Feast Bundle
- 1 bottle of 2018 Viognier,
- Awards: Silver at 2020 San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Wine Competition, limited quantities available.
- Our unoaked Viognier pairs well with green chili chicken tamales or chicken with a buttery cream sauce.
- 1 bottle of 2018 Reserve Viognier,
- Our Estate Reserve Viognier is oaked for a smooth full-bodied wine.
- Pairs well with grilled pork chops with pineapple relish or baked brie
- 1 bottle of 2017 Dolcetto,
- Awards: Silver at 2020 Houston Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition
- Pairs well with Italian meat pasta or paella.
- 1 bottle of 2016 Reserve Tempranillo,
- Awards: Gold winner at 2020 San Antonio Rodeo Wine Competition; Silver, Reserve Class Champion and Reserve Texas Class Champion at 2020 Houston Rodeo Uncorked!
- Pairs well with smoked brisket or rack of lamb.
Club Membership pricing will be applied.
Rest assured drinking Bingham wine, knowing not only where the grapes were grown and the wine made, but that you are drinking quality wine.
Relax and enjoy!
Save Texas Wineries
We were so excited on Saturday to announce that our tasting room in Fredericksburg has been allowed to reopen again. We are eagerly hoping that our Grapevine tasting room will be allowed to reopen soon, as well. Now we are joining with other wineries to help them to reopen as well.
We care about the weakest in our society, but we believe that Texas wineries can operate just as safely, if not safer, than Texas restaurants. Our tasting room at Fredericksburg, and Grapevine when it is allowed to reopen, will be focused on the good of all members of our society, especially the weak and vulnerable. We have decided to limit the number of people in our tasting room at one time and to practice the measures listed on our Covid-19 update page to reduce the opportunity for viral transmission.
After studying the goals of #SaveTexasWineries, we have decided to work with this organization to help all Texas wineries reopen.
You can help, too, by contacting your representatives to express your support of wineries being allowed to wisely and carefully reopen. Here is a form to help you do that. Once you put your name and address into the form, it will give you a suggested message that you can change and craft into a message for you to send to all of your representatives.
You may also choose to donate to this cause through the SaveTexasWineries.org PAC whose goal it is to open Texas Wineries.
Update from the Farm, August 14, 2020
We are busy finishing up a very strange grape harvest in the next few days. More on that soon. Quite early for that harvest to be coming to an end for the year, but here is a more encouraging update from the organic row crops on our farm.
This is the first year that we have grown organic hemp.
These plants are huge. They are growing like weeds, except that they do love water. Some are over seven and eight feet tall.
We are producing grain, fiber, and CBD for to buyers make products to help people and animals.
This is a new and adventurous endeavor, but diversification is what is helping our vineyards and farm to stay afloat during these times.
Caribbean Style Mango Habanero Hot Sauce
with 2018 Trebbiano
You love wine and food, so we have another pairing for you. Shannon Brown, a long time team member of Bingham Family Vineyards, is here to share her expertise at creating wonderful wine and food pairings. Gather the wine and the ingredients, and try another pairing with us.
Betty’s Bingham Variation
Let me start by saying, please note the instructions on being careful dealing with the bonnet peppers. I experienced a coughing fit just cleaning the dishes even though I was wearing gloves.
I also am not as brave as Shannon, to I reduced my bonnet peppers to just one. Even at that I think that I might just use a different pepper in the future.
But for those of you that really enjoy hot peppers, try the bonnet peppers for sure.
The Mango hot sauce was such a nice balance of sweet and hot. We ate ours with chips.
It was such a hot summer day that I didn’t want to cook any more. We added some cantaloupe to the meal purchased at the local Wolfforth Farmers Market.
Shannon’s idea for using the sauce with pork chops sounds wonderful though. But no matter how you eat it, try it with our 2018 Trebbiano. Such a lovely sipping summer wine.
Try to slow down a little and enjoy the last days of summer.
Our Last Days of Summer Wine Bundle which includes the last of our 2016 Reserve Cabernet Franc is sold out at Grapevine, but still available for shipping or at our Fredericksburg or Meadow locations.
Get a bundle now as well as a couple of bottles of Trebbiano to get the reduce price for shipping.
Recipe and Printing
- 5 Scotch Bonnet peppers, or habanero peppers, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup small white onion, chopped, 1 small
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process till smooth
- Add to a large pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cool then transfer to serving bottles.
Inspired by Mike Hultquist’s recipe at ChiliPepperMadness.com
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee.
Now you have the recipe. Don’t forget to buy the wine.