Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad
with 2018 Fine ‘n Dandy
You love wine and food, so we have another pairing for you. Shannon Brown, a long time team member of Bingham Family Vineyards, is here to share her expertise at creating wonderful wine and food pairings. Gather the wine and the ingredients, and try another pairing with us.
My Bingham Variation
As always the best cooking starts with the best quality ingredients. And the best wine pairings include the best wine.
When you need a sweet red wine consider our Fine ‘n Dandy which is a quality wine with just enough sweetness to go with your dark chocolate or this delightful fruit salad with bleu cheese.
Our 2018 Fine ‘n Dandy red sweet wine won a silver medal at the 2020 International San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo Wine Competition.
As you can see from the photo of ingredients as well as the salad photo that I did add the jicama to the salad which is not essential, but did add a fresh crunch taste.
The bleu cheese suggestion from Shannon was the best. I used Gorgonzola which paired so well with the Fine ‘n Dandy.
When you in the mood for a cold sweet red wine on the patio to relax with friends, try this simple fresh salad with bleu cheese for the perfect event.
Recipe and Printing
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar or Swerve sweetner
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced mint
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder, optional
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Toss to coat.
- Add blueberries, and any other fruit chosen.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice, honey, mint, and chili powder.
- Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- Chill for about 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle bleu cheese on top.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee.
Now you have the recipe. Don’t forget to buy the wine.