If you really want to know about growing grapes on the High Plains, you need to attend the 2010 Newsom Grape Day.
2010 Newsom Grape Day
Friday, April 30, 2010
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Newsom Vineyards, Plains, Texas
The annual Newsom Grape Day is set to be held at Newsom Vineyards in Plains, TX on Friday, April 30th from 9am until 3 pm.
We are pleased to announce that Texas Commissioner of Agriculture, Todd Staples will be addressing the group during the vendor sponsored catered luncheon.
Each year, Neal and Janice Newsom and their family host this free educational event for anyone interested in grape growing or wine production. The program is sponsored and designed by the Texas AgriLife Extension Service.
Program and Speakers
• “Factors influencing fruitfulness” with Dr. Ed Hellman
• “Managing Fungal Diseases of Grape: Products & Practices” with Fritz Westover
• “Control Strategies for Green June Beetles” with Fran Pontasch
• “Bot Canker in the High Plains & Prevention” with Penny Adams
• “TDA Grant Programs” with Nancy Cordero
• “Wine Club Management” with Gary Elliott
• Vendor Equipment Demonstrations and Displays